The SMOD electronic module creates an easy way to evaluate the SGAS sensor. An MCU-based electronic module encompasses all measurement and control aspects of SGAS sensors. The factory configured SMOD functions with a specific SGAS sensor type. The SMOD board connects to a Windows PC via a bi-directional USB connection; supplied with an application facilitating SMOD operation. The sensor response is both native resistance units and linearized concentration units. Sensor operating parameters are customizable.
- 8.9cm² total PCB area
- On-board power conditioning allows operation from a 9–12VDC supply
- Embedded microcontroller/EEPROM combination enables "no setup required" operation
- Supports all advanced modes of sensor operation (feedback heater control, temperature and sensor measurement sequencing
- Simple ASCII-based communication protocol allows easy integration with external controllers
- Full-speed USB interface standard; optional I²C and UART interfaces are available