The M908-02 is a PLL (Phase Locked Loop) based clock generator that uses an internal VCSO (Voltage Controlled SAW Oscillator) to produce a very low jitter output clock. From the M908-02-155.5200, an output clock frequency of 155.52MHz is provided from eight LVPECL clock output pairs. (Other frequencies are available; consult factory.) The accuracy of the output frequency is assured by the internal PLL that phase-locks the internal VCSO to the reference input frequency (19.44MHz for the M908-02-155.5200). The input reference can either be an external crystal, utilizing the internal crystal oscillator, or a stable external clock source such as a packaged crystal oscillator.
- Output clock frequency range 75MHz to 175MHz (Consult factory for frequency availability)
- Eight identical LVPECL output pairs
- Jitter 0.7ps rms (at 155.52MHz, over 12kHz-20MHz), typ.
- Ideal for OC-48/STM-16 clock reference
- Output-to-output skew < 100ps
- External XTAL or LVCMOS reference input
- Integrated SAW (surface acoustic wave) delay line
- Single 3.3V power supply
- Small 9 x 9 mm SMT (surface mount) package