The MK2069-03 is a VCXO (Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator) based clock generator that offers system synchronization, jitter attenuation and frequency translation. It can accept an input clock over a wide range of frequencies and produces a de-jittered, low phase noise clock output. The device is optimized for user configuration by providing access to all major PLL divider functions. No power-up programming is needed as configuration is pin selected. External VCXO loop filter components provide an additional level of performance tailoring. The MK2069-03 features a very wide range VCXO PLL feedback divider, allowing high frequency multiplication ratios and therefore the input of very low input reference frequencies. The lock detector (LD) output serves as a clock status monitor. The clear (CLR) input enables rapid synchronization to the phase of a newly selected input clock, while eliminating the generation of extra clock cycles and wander caused by memory in the PLL feedback divider. CLR also serves as a temporary holdover function when kept low.
- Wide range VCXO PLL feedback divider allows high frequency multiplication ratios and the input of very low input reference frequencies
- Input clock frequency of <1kHz to 13.5MHz
- Output clock frequency of 500kHz to 160MHz
- PLL lock status output
- VCXO-based clock generation offers very low jitter and phase noise generation, even with low frequency or jittery input clock.
- PLL Clear function (CLR input) allows the VCXO to free-run, offering a short term holdover function.
- 2nd PLL provides frequency translation of VCXO PLL to higher or alternate output frequencies.
- Device will free-run in the absence of an input clock (or stopped input clock) based on the VCXO frequency pulled to minimum frequency limit.
- Low power CMOS technology
- 56 pin TSSOP package
- Single 3.3V power supply