The IDT P9021 is a dual-mode single-chip wireless power receiver IC that complies with the requirements of both WPC “Qi” 1.0.1 and PMA Type 1 Interoperability specifications. The device functions to receive an AC power signal from a compatible wireless transmitter and convert it into a regulated 5V output voltage to provide direct power or supply the charger input in mobile applications. The P9021 integrates a high-efficiency synchronous full-bridge rectifier, high-efficiency synchronous buck converter, and control circuits used to modulate the load to transmit WPC or PMA-compliant message packets to the transmitter to optimize power delivery.
- Dual-mode: WPC 1.0.1 and PMA Type 1
- Compatible with all WPC receiver coils including proprietary and PCB-based coils
- Integrated synchronous full-bridge rectifier
- Integrated synchronous buck converter
- Closed-loop power transfer control between base station and mobile device
- Optional proprietary back-channel comm.
- Security and encryption up to 64-bit
- Optional multi-layer foreign object detection (FOD)
- Over-temp, voltage, current protection