The ZSSC1751 is a System Basis Chip (SBC) with a dual-channel ADC for battery sensing/management in automotive, industrial, and medical systems. The ZSSC1751 features an SPI interface and an integrated LIN 2.1 transceiver. One of the two input channels measures the battery current IBAT via the voltage drop at the external shunt resistor. The second channel measures the battery voltage VBAT and the temperature. By simultaneously measuring VBAT and IBAT, it is possible to determine dynamically the internal resistance of the battery, Rdi, which is correlated with the state-of-health (SOH) of the battery. By integrating IBAT, it is possible to determine the state-of-charge (SOC) and the state-of-function (SOF) of the battery. During Sleep Mode, the system makes periodic measurements to monitor the discharge of the battery. Measurement cycles are controlled by user software and include various wake-up conditions. The ZSSC1751 is optimized for ultra-low power consumption drawing only 60μA or less in this mode.
The related product ZSSC1750 offers the same functionality with an additional LIN interface feature.
- Two high-precision 24-bit sigma-delta ADCs (18-bit with no missing codes)
- Sample rate: 1Hz to 16kHz
- On-chip voltage reference (5ppm/K typical)
- Current channel IBAT offset error: ≤ 10mA
- Current channel IBAT resolution: ≤ 1mA
- Current channel programmable gain: 4 to 512
- Current channel maximum differential input stage input range: ±300mV
- Voltage channel input range: 4 to 28.8V
- Voltage channel accuracy: ±60ppm full-scale range = 1.73mV
- Temperature channel external temperature sensor (NTC)
- Temperature channel factory-calibrated internal temp. sensor: ±2°C
- Normal Mode typical current consumption: 12mA
- Sleep Mode typical current consumption: ≤ 60μA