The 8543I is a low skew, high performance 1-to-4 Differential-to-LVDS Clock Fanout Buffer. Utilizing Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) the 8543I provides a low power, low noise, solution for distributing clock signals over controlled impedances of 100Ω. The 8543I has two selectable clock inputs. The CLK, nCLK pair can accept most standard differential input levels. The PCLK, nPCLK pair can accept LVPECL, CML, or SSTL input levels. The clock enable is internally synchronized to eliminate runt pulses on the outputs during asynchronous assertion/deassertion of the clock enable pin.
Guaranteed output and part-to-part skew characteristics make the 8543I ideal for those applications demanding well defined performance and repeatability.
- Four differential LVDS output pairs
- Selectable differential CLK/nCLK or LVPECL clock inputs
- CLK/nCLK pair can accept the following differential input levels:
LVPECL, LVDS, LVHSTL, SSTL, HCSL
- PCLK/nPCLK pair can accept the following differential input levels: LVPECL, CML, SSTL
- Maximum output frequency: 650MHz
- Translates any single-ended input signals to LVDS levels with resistor bias on nCLK input
- Additive phase Jitter, RMS: 0.164ps (typical)
- Output skew: 40ps (maximum)
- Part-to-part skew: 600ps (maximum)
- Propagation delay: 2.6ns (maximum)
- Full 3.3Vsupply mode
- -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
- Available in lead-free package