The 5L2503 MicroClock is a programmable clock generator, and is intended for low power, consumer, wearable and smart devices. The 5L2503 device is a 3 PLL architecture design. Each PLL is individually programmable, allowing for up to 3 unique frequency outputs. The 5L2503 has built-in unique features such as Proactive Power Saving (PPS) to deliver better system level power management.
An internal OTP memory allows the user to store the configuration in the device without programming after power-up, and then can be reprogrammed again through the I²C interface. The device has programmable VCO and PLL source selection allowing the user to do power-performance optimization based on the application requirements. A low power 32.768kHz clock is supported with only less than 2μA current consumption for system RTC reference clock needs.
- Configurable OE pin function as OE, PPS or DFC control function
- PPS: Proactive Power Saving features save power during the end device power-down mode
- DFC: Dynamic Frequency Control feature allows programming up to 4 difference frequencies that switch dynamically
- Spread Spectrum clock support to lower system EMI
- I²C Interface
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool