The 5X1503 is a series of small form factor programmable clock generators intended for low-power, consumer, battery powered applications, wearable and smart devices.
The device is a 1 PLL + DCO architecture design with one embedded crystal. The device is OTP programmable, allowing for up to 3 unique frequency outputs. The 5X1503 has built-in unique features such as Proactive Power Saving (PPS) and a low power DCO to support system date/time keeping clock at 32.768kHz. Dynamic Frequency Control (DFC) supports dynamically changing between four different PLL frequencies via external requests with controlled frequency changes, reducing frequency overshoot and undershoot (ORT). The 5X1503S device can also support a spread clock for EMI reduction.
An internal OTP memory allows the user to store up to four independent configurations that can be loaded on power-up without programming. It can then be reprogrammed again through the I2C interface.
The 5X1503 supports three LVCMOS type outputs. Two outputs have programmable amplitude. A low-power 32.768kHz clock is supported with only less than 1.5μA current consumption for system RTC reference clock needs.
- Proactive Power Saving (PPS) features save power during the end device power down mode
- Dynamic Frequency Control (DFC) feature allows programming up to 2 difference configuration that switch dynamically
- Programmable output clock amplitude(1.0V, 1.1V, 1.2V and 1.8V) to support low output swing clock requirement
- Dedicated 32kHz output with 8 options clock amplitude (5X1503L)
- Spread Spectrum compatible; tracks spreading input clock for low EMI (5X1503S)
- Integrated crystal for no external input source requirement
- User configurable through I2C or OTP programming
- Supported by IDT Timing Commander™ software tool