The MK2049-45 is a dual Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) device which can provide frequency synthesis and jitter attenuation. The first PLL is VCXO based and uses a pullable crystal to track signal wander and attenuate input jitter. The second PLL is a translator for frequency multiplication. Basic configuration is determined by a Mode/Frequency Selection Table. Loop bandwidth and damping factor are programmable via external loop filter component selection. Buffer Mode accepts a 10 to 50MHz input and will provide a jitter attenuated output at 0.5 x ICLK, 1 x ICLK or 2 x ICLK. In this mode the MK2049-45 is ideal for filtering jitter from high frequency clocks. In External Mode, ICLK accepts an 8 kHz clock and will produce output frequencies from a table of common communciations clock rates, CLK and CLK/2. This allows for the generation of clocks frequency-locked to an 8 kHz backplane clock, simplifying clock synchronization in communications systems. The MK2049-45 can be dynamically switched between T1, E1, T3, E3 outputs with the same 24.576 MHz crystal. ICS can customize these devices for many other different frequencies. Contact your ICS representative for more details.
- Packaged in 20 pin SOIC
- 3.3 V + 5% operation
- Meets the TR62411, ETS300 011, and GR-1244 specification for MTIE, Pull-in/Hold-in Range, Phase Transients, and Jitter Generation for Stratum 3, 4, and 4E
- Accepts multiple inputs: 8 kHz backplane clock, or 10 to 50 MHz
- Locks to 8 kHz + 100 ppm (External mode)
- Buffer Mode allows jitter attenuation of 10 - 50 MHz input and x1 / x0.5 or x1 / x2 outputs
- Exact internal ratios enable zero ppm error
- Output rates include T1, E1, T3, E3, and OC3 submultiples
- Available in Pb (lead) free package
- See also the MK2049-34 and MK2049-36
- Not recommended for new designs. Use the MK2049-45A.