The HXT4101A VCSEL driver is a key component for compact, high-performance, low-power optical modules. In conjunction with the VCSEL, the chip handles the complete digital-to-optical conversion, including CML input, laser driver, drive control, and supervision. The HXT4101A can be used in standalone mode (no microcontroller need), or in an I2C-controlled mode. The I2C interface and the embedded monitoring circuits enable fully programmable OSAs with co-packaged VCSEL and driver, for example low-power SFP+ modules using Smart TO-cans®. Both operational modes require a small number of additional components resulting in low cost, compact, high yield assemblies.
- Low power consumption of 65mW per channel while delivering 7mA average and 7mA modulation current
- 10mA Average and 10mA Modulation current maximum
- 15mA burn-in current maximum
- Complete set of control and diagnostic features
- A/D read-out of temperature, effective VCSEL current and monitor photo-current
- I2C control interface
- Standalone modes for operation without microcontroller