The HXT6101 VCSEL driver is a key component for compact, robust, low-power optical transmitter modules. In conjunction with the VCSEL, the chip handles the complete digital-to-optical conversion, including CML input, laser driver, drive control, and supervision. Standard silicon technology and a small number of additional components allow for cost-effective and compact assemblies.
- Low power consumption of 46mW while delivering 5mA average and 5mA modulation current
- 2-wire interface control and symmetric pad design maximize module design flexibility
- 10mA average and 10mA modulation current maximum
- 15mA burn-in current maximum
- A/D read-out of temperature, effective VCSEL current and monitor photo-current