The HXT8201 VCSEL driver is a key component for compact, robust, low-power optical transmitter modules. In conjunction with the VCSEL, the chip handles the complete digital-to-optical conversion, including CML input, laser driver, drive control, and supervision. Standard silicon technology and a small number of additional components allow for cost-effective and compact assemblies.
- Low power consumption of 118mW per channel while delivering 5mA average and 5mA modulation current
- User selectable: Input equalization, output peaking, polarity inversion, interrupt masks
- Compatible with common cathode and isolated VCSEL arrays
- 2-wire, I2C compatible control interface
- Up to 10mA IAVG and 10mA IMOD current
- Suitable for TO Can applications
- SFP MSA compatible