The 89EBPES4T4 Evaluation Board (also referred to as EB4T4) provides an evaluation platform for the PES4T4 switch and the PES3T3 switch. It is also a cost effective way to add a PCIe downstream port (x1) to an existing system with a limited number of PCIe downstream ports. The EB4T4 evaluation board is designed to function as an add-on card to be plugged into a x1 PCIe slot available on a motherboard hosting an appropriate root complex, microprocessor(s), and three downstream ports. The EB4T4 is a vehicle to test and evaluate the functionality of the PES4T4 chip. Customers can use this board to get a head start on software development prior to the arrival of their own hardware. The EB4T4 is also used by IDT to reproduce system-level hardware or software issues reported by customers.
- PES4T4 PCIe 4 port switch
- Upstream, Downstream Port
- Numerous user selectable configurations set using onboard jumpers and DIP-switches
- Vaux Support
- SMBUS Master Interface connected to the Serial EEPROMs through I/O expander
- “Attention” button for each downstream port to initiate a hot swap event on each port
- Four pin connector for optional external power supply
- Push button for Warm Reset
- Several LEDs to display status, reset, power, “Attention”, etc.
- One 10-pin JTAG connector (pitch 2.54 mm x 2.54 mm)
- Installation programs
- GUI based application for Windows and Linux