The IDT1893Y-10 is a low-power, physical-layer device (PHY) that supports the ISO/IEC 10Base-T and 100Base-TX Carrier-Sense Multiple Access/Col lision Detection (CSMA/CD) Ethernet standards. The IDT1893Y-10 architecture is based on the IDT1892. The IDT1893Y-10 supports managed or unmanaged node, repeater, and switch applications. The IDT1893Y-10 incorporates digital signal processing (DSP) in its Physical Medium Dependent (PMD) sublayer. As a result, it can transmit and receive data on unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) category 5 cables with attenuation in excess of 24 dB at 100 MHz. With this IDT-patented technology, the IDT1893Y-10 can virtually eliminate errors from killer packets. The IDT1893Y-10 provides a Serial Management Interface for exchanging command and status information with a Station Management (STA) entity. The IDT1893Y-10 Media Dependent Interface (MDI) can be configured to provide either half- or full duplex operation at data rates of 10 MHz or 100 MHz. The MDI configuration can be established manually (with input pins or control register settings) or automatically (using the Auto-Negotiation features). When the IDT1893Y-10 Auto-Negotiation sublayer is enabled, it exchanges technology capability data with its remote link partner and automatically selects the highest-performance operating mode they have in common.
- Supports category 5 cables with attenuation in excess of 24 dB at 100 MHz
- Fully integrated, DSP-based PMD includes:
- – Adaptive equalization and baseline wander correction– Transmit wave shaping and stream cipher scrambler– MLT-3 encoder and NRZ/NRZI encoderLow-power, 0.35-micron CMOS (typically 400 mW)
- Single 3.3-V power supply.
- Single-chip, fully integrated PHY provides PCS, PMA, PMD, and AUTONEG sublayers of IEEE standard
- 10Base-T and 100Base-TX IEEE 802.3 compliant
- Highly configurable design supports:
- – Node, repeater, and switch applications– Managed and unmanaged applications– 10M or 100M half- and full-duplex modes– Parallel detection– Auto-negotiation, with Next Page capabilitiesMAC/Repeater Interface can be configured as:
- – 10M or 100M Media Independent Interface– 100M Symbol Interface (bypasses the PCS)– 10M 7-wire Serial InterfaceSmall Footprint 64-pin Thin Quad Flat Pack (TQFP)
- Available in Industrial Temperature and Lead Free