The CommAgility AMC-3C87F is a single width, full-size Advanced Mezzanine Card with exceptional processing performance and bandwidth, for the latest wireless baseband applications. A total of nine 1 GHz DSP cores and a Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T FPGA allow an application to be partitioned and optimized for most effective use of system resources.
High bandwidth optical interfaces can be installed in the dual SFP sockets, providing an optical CPRI/OBSAI antenna interface or other options including an optical Ethernet backhaul or Serial RapidIO. Linked to these interfaces is a highly flexible, low jitter programmable PLL circuit, allowing a wide range of wireless synchronization options including a low cost 1 PPS GPS clock.
For more information about the CommAgility AMC-3C87F, see www.commagility.com.
- Three Texas Instruments TCI6487 multicore DSPs running at 1 GHz
- Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T FPGA, customer programmable (alternatives also possible)
- Dual highly flexible optical front panel interfaces, for wireless radio head or other high speed data links
- Advanced clock recovery and synchronization options including master and slave modes; AMC, front panel and GPS clocks
- Full Serial RapidIO® and Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure with on-board switch devices
- Single width, full-size PICMG AMC.0 R2.0 Advanced Mezzanine Card
- Developed for use in OEM products
- Engineered with custom heatsinks for optimum thermal performance
- Software and firmware library support
- Software partners for WiMAX
- High performance DSP resource for the latest wireless baseband applications
- Flexible FPGA resource for interfacing and DSP co-processing
- Industry standard CPRI and OBSAI links to wireless radios, units under test, or other optical data links such as S-RIO
- Covers multiple requirements for base stations and test equipment; GPS clock sync avoids a separate card in the system
- Dependable high-bandwidth interconnects both on and off card, up to 10 Gbps per link
- Works with industry standard MicroTCA chassis and ATCA cutaway carriers
- Reduces risk and speeds time to market
- Minimizes thermal integration issues in customer systems
- Fast route to application code porting
- Complete base station PHY layer solution