The P9382A is a highly-integrated single-chip wireless medium power transmitter/receiver IC (TRx). The device can be configured to receive or transmit an AC power signal through magnetic induction. When the device is configured as a wireless power transmitter, it uses on-chip full/half-bridge inverter, PWM generator, modulator/demodulator for communication and micro controller to produce an AC power signal to drive external L-C tank. As a receiver, the device receives an AC power signal from a wireless transmitter and converts it into rectified output voltage, which can be used to power devices or supply the charger input in mobile applications. The P9382A integrates a high-efficiency Synchronous Full Bridge Rectifier and control circuitry to modulate the load to send message packets to the Transmitter (Tx) to optimize power delivery.
The P9382A feature Multiple-time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory to easily update control firmware and device functions.
The device includes over-temperature and voltage protection. Fault conditions associated with power transfer are managed by an industry-leading 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor offering high level of programmability while consuming extremely low standby power to meet global energy saving requirements. The processor can also control GPIOs to indicate operating and fault modes. The P9382A is available in an ultra-small 53-DSBGA package.
For information regarding evaluation boards and material, please contact your local IDT sales representative.
- Single-chip medium power wireless solution
- Multiple-time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory
- WPC 1.2.4 compatible
- Embedded 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- TRx mode with up to 6W Tx capability
- Delivers up to 20W as a receiver
- Reliable over voltage clamping
- Best in class EMI
- Proprietary Rx-to-Tx modulation/demodulation for two-way communication
- High-performance LDO
- Tx-to-Rx (backchannel) communication
- Supports proprietary mode magnetic induction wireless power solutions
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- Package 6 x 9 ball array, 2.80 x 4.0mm, 53-DSBGA package with 0.4mm ball pitch