The ZSSC4132 is member of the Renesas family of CMOS integrated circuits for highly accurate amplification and sensor-specific correction of differential bridge sensor signals. Featuring a maximum analog pre-amplification in the range of 150 to 200, the ZSSC4132 is adjustable to nearly all resistive bridges as well as voltage-source sensor types.
Digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, and nonlinearity is accomplished by a 16-bit RISC microcontroller. Calibration coefficients and configuration data are stored in the ZSSC4132 non-volatile memory (NVM), which is reliable in auto-motive applications.
Measured values are provided via a LIN interface according to the LIN Specification Package 2.2A. The LIN interface enables trans-mission of sensor data as well as transmission of supplementary data. End-of-line calibration is also supported through this output pin based on the LIN protocol. The ZSSC4132 and the calibration equipment communicate digitally, so the noise sensitivity is greatly reduced. Digital calibration helps keep assembly costs low as no trimming by external devices or lasers is needed.
The ZSSC4132 is optimized for automotive environments by overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry, excellent electromagnetic compatibility, and multiple diagnostic features.
- Differential bridge sensor input and on-chip or external temperature sensors, selectable for conditioning of sensor input signal and/or temperature output
- Digital compensation of offset, gain, and higher order nonlinearity as well as temperature coefficients of measured bridge sensor input signal
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to 150°C
- Accuracy ±0.5% FS at -40°C to 150°C
- NVM memory for configuration and calibration data, and for configurable measurement and conditioning functionality
- Integrated LIN PHY based on LIN specification package 2.2A
- Supports output of one or more sensor signals and product identification via a single LIN interface connection
- Configurable for nearly all resistive bridge sensors
- One-pass end-of-line calibration algorithm minimizes production costs
- No external trimming or components required
- Supply voltage: 7V to 18V
- Protection up to ±40V (with external diode at VBAT)
- Input span: 1 to 900 mV/V
- Effective ADC resolution: 12 to 14 bit
- Output resolution: defined by user LIN frame specification up to signed 16-bit for raw data acquisition