FemtoClock® NG Universal FrequencyTranslator with Phase Build-Out
The IDT8T49N205I is a highly flexible FemtoClock® NG general purpose, low phase noise Frequency Translator / Synthesizer with Phase Build-Out (PBO) suitable for networking and communications applications. It is able to generate any output frequency in the 0.98MHz - 312.5MHz range and most output frequencies in the 312.5MHz - 1,300MHz range (see Table 3 for details). A wide range of input reference clocks and a range of low-cost fundamental mode crystal frequencies may be used as the source for the output frequency.
This device provides two factory-programmed default power-up configurations burned into One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory. The configuration to be used is selected by the CONFIG pin. The two configurations are specified by the customer and are programmed by IDT during the final test phase from an on-hand stock of blank devices. The two configurations may be completely independent of one another. One usage example might be to install the device on a line card with two optional daughter cards: an OC-12 option requiring a 622.08MHz LVDS clock translated from a 19.44MHz input and a Gigabit Ethernet option requiring a 125MHz LVPECL clock translated from the same 19.44MHz input reference.
To implement other configurations, these power-up default settings can be overwritten after power-up using the I2C interface and the device can be completely reconfigured. However, these settings would have to be re-written next time the device powers-up.
- Fourth Generation FemtoClock® NG technology
- Universal Frequency Translator/Frequency Synthesizer
- Zero ppm frequency translation
- Two outputs, individually programmable as LVPECL or LVDS
- Both outputs may be set to use 2.5V or 3.3V output levels
- Programmable output frequency: 0.98MHz up to 1,300MHz
- Two differential inputs support the following input types: LVPECL, LVDS, LVHSTL, HCSL
- Input frequency range: 8kHz - 710MHz
- Phase Build-Out minimizes output phase change on switchover
- Crystal input frequency range: 16MHz - 40MHz
- Two factory-set register configurations for power-up default state
- Power-up default configuration pin or register selectable
- Configurations customized via One-Time Programmable ROM
- Settings may be overwritten after power-up via I2C
- I2C Serial interface for register programming
- RMS phase jitter at 155.52MHz, using a 40MHz crystal (12kHz - 20MHz): 378fs (typical), Low Bandwidth Mode (FracN)
- Output supply voltage modes:
- -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature