Triple PLL Field Programmable SS VersaClock Synthesizer
The 345 field programmable clock synthesizer generates up to nine high-quality, high-frequency clock outputs including multiple reference clocks from a low-frequency crystal or clock input. It is designed to replace crystals and crystal oscillators in most electronic systems. Using IDT's VersaClockTM software to configure PLLs and outputs, the 345 contains a One-Time Programmable (OTP) ROM to allow field programmability. Programming features include eight selectable configuration registers, up to two sets of four low-skew outputs, and optional Spread Spectrum outputs. Using Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) techniques, the device runs from a standard fundamental mode, inexpensive crystal, or clock. It can replace multiple crystals and oscillators, saving board space and cost. The 345 is also available in factory programmed custom versions for high-volume applications.
- Packaged as 20-pin SSOP (QSOP) (Pb-free)
- Spread spectrum capability
- Eight addressable registers
- Replaces multiple crystals and oscillators
- Output frequencies up to 200 MHz at 3.3 V
- Input crystal frequency of 5 to 27 MHz
- Input clock frequency of 2 to 50 MHz
- Up to nine reference outputs
- Up to two sets of four low-skew outputs
- Operating voltages of 3.3 V
- Advanced, low-power CMOS process
- For one output clock, use the ICS341. For two output clocks, see the ICS342. For three output clocks, see the ICS343. For more than three outputs, see the ICS345 or ICS348.