The IDT RXS2448 is a RapidIO, multi-port switch that is compliant to the Serial RapidIO Interconnect Specification (Revision 3.2). The switch fabric supplies non-blocking bandwidth of 600 Gbps for up to 24 ports and 48 lanes. The packet transfer performance through the fabric is optimized through buffer management schemes and configurable queuing modes. The RapidIO switch supports standard RapidIO routing functionality, including unicast and up to 256 multicast groups.
The RXS2448 supports flow control based on eight separate priorities that contains a queue aging function to ensure that high priority traffic does not starve low priority traffic under congestion. The device provides extensive accessibility to create an optimal configuration by allowing access to all features of the switch via any port.
- Compliant to Serial RapidIO 3.2 Specification (10xN, Gen 3)
- 48 lanes, with up to 12x4, 24x2, 24x1 port configurations
- Full-duplex 600 Gbps non-blocking bandwidth
- Port-to-port latency approaching 100ns
- 2.5, 3.125, 5.0, 6.25, 10.3125, and 12.5 Gbaud
- Supports any topology for a highly scalable system
- SerDes supports long-reach (100cm + 2 connectors)
- 33 x 33 FCBGA